UTI Mutual Fund (UTI) has launched UTI Gilt Fund with 10 year Constant Duration, an open-ended debt scheme investing in government securities having a constant maturity of 10 years. The fund has a relatively high-interest rate risk and relatively low credit risk. The New Fund Offer opened on 18 July 2022 and closes on 26 July 2022.
The Scheme's investment objective is to generate optimal returns with high liquidity by investing in a portfolio of government securities such that the weighted average portfolio maturity is around 10 years. However, there can be no assurance that the Scheme's investment objective will be achieved. The Scheme does not guarantee / indicate any returns.
Mr. Anurag Mittal, EVP & Deputy Head of Fixed Income, UTI AMC Ltd. and the Scheme's Fund Manager, commented on the launch, "Aiming to offer new investment opportunities via varied products, our latest fund launch, UTI Gilt Fund with 10 year Constant Duration, is a suitable offering for strategic allocation in a duration fund with sovereign exposures in the UTI Mutual Fund product suite. While diversified allocation to different asset classes like equity, fixed income & gold has become an adage for investors, sovereign allocation within fixed income can offer a better value proposition by minimising credit risk, providing high liquidity while maintaining tax efficiency needs to be given more consideration."
Salient features of UTI Gilt Fund with 10 year Constant Duration
- Investors with long-term investment goals, looking for high liquidity in their investment portfolio
- Investors who have a low-risk appetite for credit exposures, seek a high-quality portfolio, are comfortable with interest rate volatility, and seeking tax-efficient reasonable returns
New Fund Offer Price
- During the NFO period, the units of the Scheme will be sold at face value, i.e., Rs. 10/- per unit
Minimum Application Amount
- The minimum application amount is Rs. 5,000/- and in multiples of Rs. 1/- thereafter
Plans and Options Available
- Regular Plan and Direct Plan - Both Plans offer Growth & IDCW options
- Entry Load: NA
- Exit Load: NIL
- CRISIL 10-Year Gilt Index
Shares of UTI Asset Management Company Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 691.15 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 674.50. The total number of shares traded during the day was 5315 in over 957 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 699.95 and intraday low of 682.95. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 3675265.00.