Bosch, a leading supplier of technology and services, is expanding its AbT activities in India by transforming its headquarters in Adugodi, Bengaluru, into a new smart campus called Spark.NXT. Over the last five years, Bosch has invested INR 800 crores in developing the campus, which has the capacity to potentially house 10,000 associates. The 76-acre site is Bosch's first smart campus in India and features multiple smart solutions based on sustainability, security, and user experience for associates, visitors, and facility management.
"It is a special year for both India and Bosch India, as the nation celebrates 75 years of Independence and Bosch celebrates a century of its presence in India. 100 years ago, Bosch came to India as a German company and now it is as much Indian as German. This is a great example of German engineering and Indian energy." said Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his inaugural address.
Inaugurating the Bosch Smart Campus, he added, "This campus will take lead in developing futuristic products and solutions for India and for the world. I urge Bosch to think of doing more in India and set goals for the next 25 years."
Hon'ble Chief Minister Sri. Basavaraj Bommai, the Chief Guest at the ceremony, applauded the work done by Bosch India, especially in Karnataka. He said, "It is a pleasure to be part of the inauguration of Spark.NXT Campus of Bosch India. The company has had its presence in the State for several decades now and it is heartening to host its India's largest smart campus here. Karnataka, primarily Bengaluru has been a technology hub and houses largest number of R&D centres across the globe. This campus is another feather to its cap."
"This campus showcases R&D capabilities both in automotive and nonautomotive products and services and I hope that this will elevate the city's leadership in the field of technology to a greater level," he further added.
As an AIoT company, Bosch India leveraged its world-class AI, IoT, automation, and digitalisation capabilities to develop its smart campus in pursuit of its vision for a sustainable, self-reliant, and future-ready India. To further enhance its R&D capabilities for the new way of working, Bosch India has also trained over 10,000 associates through a comprehensive reskilling initiative over the past 2 years.
"The Spark.NXT campus will provide inspiring working conditions for associates to focus on the development of user-centric innovations for a better quality of life in India," said Filiz Albrecht, member of the board of management and director of Industrial Relations at Robert Bosch GmbH with responsibility for India from July 1, 2022, at the opening ceremony. "As a global player, Bosch brings together associates from more than 150 different countries. We foster a flexible and inclusive working culture that combines authenticity with cultural diversity. With its array of smart solutions, this campus proves our commitment to creating a greener ecosystem. This empowers us to remain an employer of choice while driving sustainability in everything we do," Albrecht added.
Speaking at the inauguration, Soumitra Bhattacharya, managing director of Bosch Limited and president of the Bosch Group, India, said: "Bosch has been part of the transformation in India for the last 100 years, and during this era we have revolutionised the mobility and the 'beyond mobility' ecosystem. With our new Spark.NXT campus, the company continues to invest in smart and sustainable solutions that are 'Invented for life' and supports the government's vision for an Atmanirbhar Bharat."
The company has invested INR 50 crores (6 million euros) in the reduction of energy consumption at new Adugodi campus over the long term. The campus will meet up to 85 percent of its total energy needs with in-house solar panels and the purchase of green group captive power. Almost two-thirds of annual domestic water demand at Bosch in India is set to be met through rainwater harvesting projects. Furthermore, enhanced green cover with 9-million litre capacity underground tanks for rainwater harvesting, reduces water demand by 60 percent. Bosch has applied multiple smart, sustainable, and user-friendly solutions that move the campus towards the future of work.
- Bosch DEEPSIGHTS is an advanced AloT-powered analytics platform for Industry 4.0 that provides smart energy and water management to bolster sustainability and excellence in optimising resources and managing utilities. While saving up to 6 percent energy per annum, the platform also improves operational efficiency by 8 percent.
- The Bosch Intelligent Air-Conditioning and Comfort Assistant (BIANCA) is a smart solution developed to improve employee comfort at the campus and reduce the latter's carbon footprint. By optimising heating, ventilating, and airconditioning operations (HVAC) based on occupancy and thermal preferences, BIANCA can reduce HVAC energy consumption by 30 to 50 percent.
- Bosch has also deployed an ambient air-quality monitoring solution to constantly monitor key noise and air pollutants. This data will be shared with associates in real time to enhance their well-being.
- The Way Finder application helps in navigating the campus with ease. Additionally, the smart parking solution Park ZEUS offers a seamless parking experience for both associates and visitors, making the task convenient and sustainable. -3-4 mins of lesser time for parking results in annual savings of 1500+ man days, 2500+ litres of fuel, and 5000+ kgs of C02. This solution also reduces manual security efforts by 50 percent.
- Bosch Building Technologies offers smart solutions to maximise the security of people and premises. These discreet applications combine access control, intrusion detection, and intelligent surveillance with advanced video analytics featuring two-factor authentication.
- The Visitor Management System is designed to offer a delightful visitor and employee experience at the Spark.NXT campus while streamlining facility management, reducing wait times by 75 percent.
Shares of Bosch Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 15227.05 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 15529.10. The total number of shares traded during the day was 1507 in over 846 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 15708.75 and intraday low of 15177.95. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 23281021.00.