Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited ("APSEZ") has announced the operational performance for April 2022 as under:
April 2022 - another record month on cargo volumes
1. APSEZ ports handled a cargo volume of 28.64 MMT in April '22 vs. 24.46 MMT in April '21, implying a y-o-y growth of 17%.
2. The coal volumes bounced back and registered a 23% y-o-y growth.
3. The agriculture cargo and fertilizer handling at our ports has seen a 350% increase y-o-y. Last month, the Government of India also announced that the country is likely to see a record wheat export this financial year.
4. China's decision to cap its steel production has provided a boost to India's steel industry, which is reflected in a 35% y-o-y jump in coking coal volume at our ports.
5. Overall, April is the second consecutive month, with cargo volumes crossing a record level of 28 MMT.
Shares of Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 856.65 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 856.35. The total number of shares traded during the day was 209351 in over 5222 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 862.50 and intraday low of 838.20. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 179006712.00.