HZL reported a steady operational performance in Q1FY22.
- Reported total operating income of Rs. 6531 crore, up 15% YoY but down 6% QoQ, broadly in line with our estimate of Rs. 6570 crore
- EBITDA was at of Rs. 3558 crore, up 126% YoY but down 8% QoQ, in line with our estimate of Rs. 3568 crore
- During the quarter, HZL reported exceptional expense to the tune of Rs. 134 crore. Hence, ensuing PAT came in at Rs. 1983 crore, up 46% YoY but down 20% QoQ (our estimate Rs. 2198 crore)
Key triggers for future price performance
- We expect topline and EBITDA CAGR of 16% and 20%, respectively, in FY21-23E
- During FY21-23E, we expect zinc and lead sales volume to register a CAGR of ~9.7% and ~9.9%, respectively
- We expect EBITDA margins to hover in ~54-55% range over the next couple of years
For details, click on the link below: Link to the report
Shares of HINDUSTAN ZINC LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs. 329.05 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 327. The total number of shares traded during the day was 108512 in over 4883 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 335.85 and intraday low of 326. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 36045982.