1. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Ltd ("KIMS Hyderabad") is the one of the largest corporate healthcare groups in AP and Telangana in terms of number of patients treated and treatments offered. It operates 9 multi-specialty hospitals under the "KIMS Hospitals" brand, with an aggregate bed capacity of 3,064, which is 2.2 times more beds than the second largest provider in AP and Telangana.
2. KIMS Hyderabad has a unique business model that allows it to successfully operate in Tier I, as well as Tier II/III markets; it is also well-poised to explore opportunities arising from key industry growth drivers such as increasing individual per capita income, growing health awareness, change in disease profile and increasing health insurance penetration.
3. In the past two decades, the Company has increased the bed capacity at its hospitals by 15 times. It has grown from a single, approximately 200-bed hospital at Nellore in 2000, to an aggregate of 3,064 beds as on December 31, 2020 - representing more than 14x growth over 20 years Its capex plan for the next 4-5 fiscals is to add 1,000 beds through potential expansion of existing facilities and setting up of new facilities.
4. During the period FY17-FY20, KIMS Hyderabad was the fastest growing hospital in terms of revenue, EBITDA and PAT amongst its peers. It reported a revenue CAGR of 26%, an EBIDTA CAGR of 29%, and a PAT CAGR of 57% from FY17-FY20, which was the highest amongst major hospital players in India.
5. The Company offers a ccomprehensive range of services across 25+ specialties and super-specialties using modern medical technology, and holds regional leadership in tertiary & quaternary procedures. Its revenue mix is diversified across specialties, with no specialty contributing more than 21% in FY20.
6. KIMS Hyderabad's successful strategy of a) Acquiring land in advance and constructing buildings on its own to reduce costs and b) Acquiring land on long term, low cost terms to avoid high rental costs has resulted in efficient capital utilization, with best-in-class RoCE of 22.31%.
7. The Company operates and manages all its hospitals, and thus has greater control over facilities and operations. This control over facilities enables them to be operationally efficient, and thus allows the Company to exhibit the second-best profitability amongst its peers despite being the most affordable.
8. Presence of high quality doctors and medical professionals is a key strength of the Company. Since inception, it has managed to retain over 80% of its doctors. This has been possible due to its multi-disciplinary approach, high-volume tertiary care model, and focus on teaching and research.
9. KIMS Hyderabad plans to expand its hospital network in areas adjacent to its core market, such as Karnataka, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Central India, as significant number of patients travel from these places to its hospitals. The Company also has a good brand visibility in central India markets such as Indore, Aurangabad, Nagpur and Raipur as it attracts patients in need of complex care, as well as doctors seeking to develop their career.
10. The Company aims to utilize net proceeds towards repayment or pre-payment of debt up to Rs. 150Cr. This will help reduce debt servicing costs and improve the debt-to-equity ratio. It will also enable them to raise further resources to fund future business growth.