City Union Bank Limited announced its performance results for the 1st Quarter of Financial Year 2018-19 today at Chennai. Earlier, during the day, the Board of Directors of City Union Bank approved the working results.
Highlights of Performance in Q1 : FY 2018 - 19:
- Net Interest Income increased by 9% to Rs. 375 Crore from Rs. 342 Crore
- Operating Profit increased by 1% to Rs. 299 Crore from Rs. 297 Crore
- Net profit increased by 15% to Rs. 162 Crore from Rs. 140 Crore
- Deposits increased by 10% to Rs. 33,597 Crore from Rs. 30,468 Crore
- Advances increased by 17% to Rs. 28,215 Crore from Rs. 24,058 Crore
- Total Business increased by 13% to Rs. 61,812 Crore from Rs. 54,526 Crore
- CASA increased by 13% to Rs. 8,038 Crore from Rs. 7,099 Crore and the CASA ratio stood at 24% to total deposits.
Asset Quality for the year ended 30 June 2018:
- Gross NPA of the Bank stood at Rs. 851 Crore at 3.02 % to Gross Advances.
- Net NPA of the Bank stood at Rs. 473 Crore at 1.70% to Net Advances.
- Provision Coverage Ratio stood at 65%
Key Performance Indicators:
- ROA of the bank stood at 1.64%.
- ROE of the bank stood at 15.32%
- Net Interest Margin stood at 4.24%
Capital Adequacy: The Bank's capital adequacy as on June 30, 2018 as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines on Basel III norms is 16.06% and Tier-1 capital adequacy was 15.64%, well above regulatory requirements.
CUB had announced issue of Bonus shares to all its shareholders during May 2018. The process of allotment of bonus shares in the ratio of 1:10 has been completed by July 2018.
The Bank operates with 602 branches, 1634 ATMs and 9843 POS Machines.
Shares of CITY UNION BANK LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.176.25 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 173.6. The total number of shares traded during the day was 142967 in over 2114 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 192.5 and intraday low of 173. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 25909975.