Performance highlights – Quarter ended June 30, 2018 (Q1 FY19):
- Net Interest Income (NII) at Rs. 552.70 crore as against Rs. 378.38 crore in Q1 FY18, an increase of 46%.
- Other Income at Rs. 325.97 crore as against Rs. 256.92 crore in Q1 FY18, an increase of 27%.
- Core fee income at Rs. 288.96 crore as against Rs. 183.00 in Q1 FY18, an increase of 58%
- Operating profit at Rs. 432.32 crore as against Rs. 311.39 crore in Q1 FY18, an increase of 39%.
- Net profit at Rs. 190.04 crore as against Rs. 141.02 crore in Q1 FY18, an increase of 35%.
- Net Interest Margin (NIM) at 4.04% as against 3.54% in Q1 FY18, an improvement of 50 bps.
- Cost to Income ratio at 50.80% as against 50.99% in Q1 FY18.
- Return on Assets (RoA) at 1.26% as against 1.19% in Q1 FY18.
- Return on Equity (RoE) at 11.16% as against 12.68% in Q1 FY18.
- Net Advances as at June 30, 2018 stood at Rs. 42,198.09 crore as compared to Rs. 31,108.03 crore as at June 30, 2017, a growth of 36%.
- Gross NPA decreased to 1.40% as at June 30, 2018 against 1.46% as at June 30, 2017. Net NPA decreased to 0.75 % as at June 30, 2018 against 0.81% as at June 30, 2017.
- Deposits as at June 30, 2018 stood at Rs. 44,949.59 crore as compared to Rs. 35,427.82 crore as at June 30, 2017, a growth of 27%.
- Current Accounts & Savings Accounts (CASA) ratio improved to 24.42% as at June 30, 2018 from 22.09% as at June 30, 2017.
- Capital Adequacy Ratio as per BASEL III Capital regulations as at June 30, 2018 was 14.23% against 13.06% as at June 30, 2017.
- The Bank completed the acquisition of 100% shareholding in Swadhaar Finserve Private Limited ("Swadhaar") making it a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank in June, 2018. Swadhaar acts as a business correspondent of the Bank with 348 branches in 18 states and union territories.
- The bank has 266 branches as of June 30, 2018. In addition the Bank also has 847 business correspondent branches, of which 199 are banking outlets.
Commenting on the performance, Mr. Vishwavir Ahuja, MD & CEO, RBL Bank said "In the quarter gone by, we have crossed the important milestone of 4% in net interest margins. We have been able to maintain our growth momentum inspite of macro headwinds and continue to demonstrate profitable growth while maintaining robust asset quality.
We also completed the acquisition of 100% shareholding in Swadhaar Finserve in this quarter. This is an important strategic event as this now gives us greater control on a large part of our distribution network in the broader financial inclusion and rural business and gives us an opportunity to scale it up to become a significant player in this space. We see exciting opportunities to leverage our network using technology and analytics to introduce new products and services and deepen customer relationships."
Shares of RBL Bank Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.564.95 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 557.6. The total number of shares traded during the day was 490537 in over 2827 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 569.5 and intraday low of 547.2. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 276822828.