Tata Consultancy Services (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), the leading IT services, consulting and business solutions firm reported its consolidated financial results according to IndAS and IFRS as on June 30, 2018.
Financial Highlights for Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
- Revenue at Rs. 34,261 crare; +15.8 % Y-o-Y and 6.8% Q-o-Q
- Net Income at (Rs. 7,340 crore; +23.5% Y-o-Y and +6.3% Q-o-Q
- Operating Margin at 25%
- Net cash from operations at 103.7% of Net Profit
- Earnings Per Share at Rs. 19.17 up 26.1% YoY; Dividend per share of Rs. 4.00 / Proposed record date 18/07/18; Payment date 25/07/18
Business Highlights for Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
- BFSI vertical growth accelerates: +4.1% YoY; +3.7% QoQ
- North America rebounds on BFSI and Retail recovery: +7% YoY; +3.7% QoQ
- Digital revenue at 25%, up 44.8% Y-o-Y
- 2 new clients in $100M+ band, 13 clients added in $5M+ band sequentially
- World's largest Agile-ready workforce: 242,000+ employees Agile trained
- Total employees: 400,875; IT Services attrition rate at 10.9% LTM
Commenting on the Q1 periormance, CEO and MO, Rajesh Gopinathan said: "We are starting the new fiscal year on a strong note, with the growth engine firing on all cylinders. Our Banking vertical recovered very nicely this quarter, while other industry verticals maintained their momentum. With a good set of wins during the quarter, a robust deal pipeline and accelerating digital demand, we are positioned well for the future."
Mr. Gopinathan added: "Customers across verticals and markets are embracing our Business 4.0 thoughtleadership framework and accelerating their digital transformation journeys. Our contextual knowledge, full spectrum capabilities and investments in research and innovation are making us their preferred partner for their growth and transformation initiatives."
N. Ganapathy Subramaniam, Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director, said: "It has been an excellent quarter, with broad-based growth across all segments and good client additions. We are seeing strong demand in areas like cloud transformation, cyber-security and data privacy, and automation. Our investments in forward-thinking doctrines like the Machine First Delivery Model. (MFDM™) and Location-independent Agile are giving customers immediate, measurable business benefits and speed to market.
V. Ramakrishnan, Chief Financial Officer, said: "Disciplined execution, accelerating growth and currency support helped us mitigate the impact of wage increases during the quarter. This strong start gives us greater confidence in our ability to get our operating margin to our preferred range, while continuing to fund the digital investments that are differentiating us in the marketplace."
Shares of TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.1877 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1887.65. The total number of shares traded during the day was 433180 in over 18579 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1900 and intraday low of 1872.6. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 815501995.