- MSIL reported an in-line growth of 9.7% mom to 103,108 units driven by strong growth in the compact, super compact and export volumes.
- On a yoy basis, MSIL registered a growth of 85.5% largely due to a low base of last year when the company underwent a labor strike at its Manesar plant
- While Swift and Dzire contributed towards the strong performance of the compact and super compact segments respectively; growth in export volumes was led by resumption in production at the Manesar plant.
- The Manesar plant is currently operating at 1,600 cars/day and is expected to reach its peak production levels of ~1,800 cars/day by the end of November.
- The vans segment continued its poor run and posted a mom decline of 30.3%.